Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Small Wave Humblings pt. 2

This was fun trying different boards and different fin set ups. 
I found out that I liked the black railed board the best. 
It's dimensions are in the vid. I'm always interested in finding 
a board that flies in little waves and has no drag. I can't say I love 
this footage but it's cool to watch and from it coach myself. What I took away
from this was to move my arms less and straighten my back a little more. I 
am still very interested in getting better. 
As for the ending, I love the way this guy surfs but his taste is questionable. 
hahahahaha 
BG


4 comments:

  1. Gerr, you looked pretty fast out there. What fins are you using? I like big fins in small waves b/c it seems like more surface area to push off of = more speed. Ever try equal size fronts and rears? Thx for posting, digging the clips. EY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey EY, I haven't tried equal front and back fins. I've used super stiff ones and they worked really good when there was some power. I'm not totally stoked on this footage. I feel like the black railed board is the best but the quad still is a little different to get used to off the top. I will try out what you suggested and post the feedback if it works. I think it all depends on the width's of the board and what conditions you are using it in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it bud. Small and fun, love surfing there. I think the 5'8 is a little squirly for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could surf half that good! Those waves are my favorite size.

    You were kicking ass! Ever consider riding some alternative shapes like Bonzers or Twinzers?

    Keep the videos coming.
    -bri

    ReplyDelete